The year is flying by! As you prepare to enjoy your summer vacations and backyard barbecues, please take some time to review the following quarter-end reminders.
Submit All Second Quarter Payroll Information by June 25
To avoid tax penalties and re-processing fees, please submit all second-quarter data to your payroll specialist by June 26, 2017.
Provide Your 2017 State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) Tax Rate
Each calendar year, your business is assigned a unique, state-specific SUI tax rate based on your employment history. This rate is essential for accurate calculations of your tax returns. Incorrect rates could result in penalties for underpayment. States don’t always provide us with updated SUI rate information, we rely on you to forward any tax rate information you’ve received in order to minimize the use of outdated rates. If you’ve not already done so, please send your 2017 SUI tax rate to your payroll specialist, or you can send a fax directly to our tax team at 888.403.5750.
Ensure that Your Data Is Up to Date
Please notify your payroll specialist of any changes or updates to the following:
- Company data: Address, contact information or bank account information.
- Employee data: Personal data, payroll data or W-4 updates. You should have a Federal Form W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate on file for each employee, along with any applicable state and local withholding tax forms. A W-4 remains in effect until the employee gives you a new one. You are not required to obtain new W-4s for your employees each year, unless they claim exemption from income tax withholding. Exempt W-4s expire on February 15 of the following year. If employees claim exemption, they must give you a new W-4 each year. If the employee does not provide a new W-4, withhold at Single/0, or use the last W-4 on file with filing status and allowances.
2017 Holiday Schedule
As noted below, myPay Solutions will be closed on certain days. These days are considered non-processing days and have been accounted for in all Payroll Data Submission Deadline Schedules.
Please review your company's personalized schedule carefully to ensure that you're able to meet time submission deadlines.
- Tuesday, July 4, 2017 — National bank holiday — myPay Solutions is closed
- Monday, September 4, 2017 (Labor Day) — National bank holiday — myPay Solutions is closed
- Monday, October 9, 2017 (Columbus Day) — National bank holiday — myPay Solutions is open
- Thursday, November 23, 2017 (Thanksgiving) — National bank holiday — myPay Solutions is closed
- Friday, November 24, 2017 (Day After Thanksgiving) — myPay Solutions is closed
- Monday, December 25, 2017 (Christmas Day) — National bank holiday — myPay Solutions is closed
- Monday, January 1, 2018 (New Year’s Day) — National bank holiday — myPay Solutions is closed
For more information, contact your payroll specialist.