As the end of the quarter rapidly approaches, please take some time to review the following information and ensure your payroll for 2017 is off to a great start!
Submit all first quarter information to your payroll specialist by March 27, 2017 to avoid tax penalties and re-processing fees.
Provide your 2017 State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) tax rate. Each calendar year, your business will be assigned a unique state-specific SUI tax rate based on your employment history. You should receive your 2017 SUI tax rate by mail from the agency, or you may need to go online to receive it. This rate is essential for calculating your tax returns, and incorrect rates may result in penalties for underpayment. The state does not always provide our team with updated SUI rate information directly; therefore we rely on you to pass along any information you have received to help us avoid using outdated rates. If you have not already done so, please send your 2017 SUI tax rate to your payroll specialist or fax it directly to our tax team at 888.403.5750.
Make sure your company and employee data is up to date. Please notify your payroll specialist of any changes to your company address, contact information, or bank account information.
Please provide your payroll specialist with all employee personal information, payroll data, and W-4 updates. You should have a Form W-4, an Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate, as well as any applicable state and local withholding tax forms on file for each employee. A W-4 form remains in effect until the employee gives you a new one. You are not required to obtain new W-4 forms for your employees each year, unless they claim exemption from income tax withholding. Exempt W-4 forms expire on February 15 of the following year. If an employee claims exemption, they must give you a new W-4 each year. If the employee does not provide a new W-4, withhold at Single/0 or use the last W-4 on file that includes a filing status and allowances.
- Monday, May 29, 2017 (Memorial Day) — National bank holiday — myPay Solutions is closed
- Tuesday, July 4, 2017 — National bank holiday — myPay Solutions is closed
- Monday, September 4, 2017 (Labor Day) — National bank holiday — myPay Solutions is closed
- Monday, October 9, 2017 (Columbus Day) — National bank holiday — myPay Solutions is open
- Thursday, November 23, 2017 (Thanksgiving) — National bank holiday — myPay Solutions is closed
- Monday, December 25, 2017 (Christmas Day) — National bank holiday — myPay Solutions is closed
- Monday, January 1, 2018 (New Year’s Day) — National bank holiday — myPay Solutions is closed
For more information, contact your payroll specialist.